Jacey is still a baby, but it seems that everytime I turn around she is begining to become a little girl. Oh so wonderful, but so sad at the same time.
Meals - She's starting to want to feed herself!!! Her fine motor skills aren't developed enough yet to do this with a utensil, but she can pick up little pieces of bread or cereal and successfully get them into her mouth (so cute). She holds a bottle and her sippy cup by herself now.
Crawling - She's working on her crawling now. She can't quite get the whole arm motion thing down. She gets herself onto her hands and knees and kinda wiggles, moving her body back and forth (so cute). Then she inches her knees forward and since she hasn't figured out how to move her hands forward she does a little face plant most of the time. hehe. Grandma says she thinks she might walk before she crawls as some babys do. She is starting to try to pull herself up to the standing position. She definately likes to stand more than sit.
Bathtime - Bathtime is her favorite time. She got a bunch of bath toys for Christmas, which she love to chew and play with during her bath. She always like to SPLASH and put her hands under the running water.
Bedtime - Bedtime is different now. No longer do I need to nurse and rock her until she falls asleep. Now I read her a story and put her to bed when she is still awake. She knows it's time for bed and most of the time just falls asleep without one peep! We follow the same routine for naps. So funny that I writing about nap time right now because Jacey is sitting in my lap right now as I type and she is falling asleep! She would NEVER do that when she was real little.. getting her to bed was always a struggle... but she's getting older.
Yesterday, she cried when I left for school :(. So sad! It was the first time she's ever done that. Oh, it made me feel sooo bad for leaving! When I get home from school at night, she is already in bed, but she hears me come in and always wakes up to say good night to her mommy.
Well I'd better put this little one down for a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They grow up so quickly. It's bitter- sweet. :)
Post a Comment