Today was my last day home on maternity leave... Tomorrow I go back to work at WAMU!! It has been an awesome 3 months! :) And it has been an awesome year. God is awesome.
Last weekend my friends Mark and Sharlene came to visit from LA area. They stayed one night with us and then the following day we caravaned up to Albany, OR to visit the Oelkers family. We took the scenic route and stopped at a few beautiful places - Crater Lake, Clear Water Falls, Horseshoe Falls, and one other water fall, but I can't remember the name. We wanted soo badly to stop at Toketee Falls, but the trail was blocked off with tape that said 'Police Line - Do Not Cross' so we missed out on that one. :( It was such a beautiful drive. It was along HWY 138 which follows The North Um qua River. Thank you Mark and Sharlene for coming up to visit and thank you for the great gift for Jacey. The 2 of us are truely blessed to have you in our lives. I thank the Father for my friends in Christ! :)
We made it to Albany about 6pm that evening and got to see Jess and Jonny's new place and we got to meet their new son NOAH!!! :) He is such a cutie pa tutie. He is just 2 weeks older than Jacey. And we also got to visit with Eli (their other son) - he is almost 2 years old. I just love that little boy and he loved my Jacey. He kept wanting to hold her and kiss her it was sooo sweet. I really don't blame him though, Jacey is pretty kissable! Thank you to the Oelkers' for having us! I really loved seeing you!! I love all of you sooo much!
Sunday was really great. We went to church at Calvary of Corvallis. At the end of the service I was sitting in the sun with my mom, while Jacey was asleep in my lap and I realized that it had been 1 year since I was there last - 1 year since I became a Christian - 1 year ago my life was such a mess. I am just soo amazed at what God has done in a year. I look at Jacey and I cry, tears of joy. She is just one of the many blessing God has showered me with. It is so wonderful to know that the Father loves me, I am His child. A child of God and He has plans for me!! And all of these plans he has will bring Glory to His name! I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in mind for me, Jacey and my momma. I am reminded of a line in a movie, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." hehe.
Anyway, here are a few pics of the weekend.
Jacey
Crater Lake
Mark and Sharlene
Baby Noah and Baby Jacey
1 comment:
Glad to hear that everything is going well for you. seems like your alot happier.
Post a Comment